RecruitmentView all vacancies
After School Play Scheme Assistant
Hours: 7.50 hours per week, 3.00pm to 5.30pm, Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Term time, no inset days.
Actual salary: NJC4-5; Starting salary £3,267
Place of work: Initially based at Little Mead Primary Academy. However, all appointments are made to the Trust centrally.
Application closing date: Midday on Wednesday 25th November 2020
Application shortlisting and interviews: Shortlisting Wednesday 25th November 2020, interviews Friday 27th November 2020.
Start date: 9th December or in agreement with the successful candidate
The Successful Candidate
Little Mead Primary is looking to appoint an organised and efficient individual to join our well-established After School Play Scheme team, to ensure that the after-school play scheme period runs smoothly.
- To assist the After-School Play Scheme Supervisor with ensuring that the play environment, including equipment and resources, is prepared and ready for the arrival of children.
- To support individual children and assess their development through play.
- To use observation and reflective practice to contribute to planning and evaluation in the setting.
- To support and develop a play environment which is inclusive for all and recognises and encourages diversity.
You should play a key part in the development of activities and games to keep the children engaged and stimulated.
Please note that this is not a catering vacancy. This role is created to support children from Reception through to Year 6 by supervising and interacting with them.
Endeavour Academy Trust is an inclusive and collaborative group of schools in North Bristol. There are currently four Endeavour schools: Little Mead Primary Academy, Henbury Court Primary Academy, Fonthill Primary Academy and our newly-built primary school Charlton Wood Primary Academy.
This is an exciting time to work for Endeavour Academy Trust. We have committed to measured and sustainable growth, which will enable us to create a group of excellent schools with ambition for every child.
Our Offer to Staff
We invest heavily in the professional development of our staff with opportunities to develop expertise and experience across the Trust. Our focus on collaboration means that everyone is part of a team. Within Endeavour, we develop our own leaders. If you are ambitious and prepared to work hard we will support your career development and help you to be successful.
As proof of our commitment to staff retention and development, we offer enhanced terms and conditions of employment (compared to standard teacher/local authority entitlements), a friendly working environment with supportive leadership, and encourage our staff to maintain a positive work-life balance.
As a minimum, we offer the following benefits to all employees:
- Paid induction and training suited to the role;
- Tailored career progression through a performance management cycle for all staffing groups;
- free tea, coffee and milk;
- confidential access to an Employee Assistance Programme;
- free parking;
- use of the Cycle Scheme;
- paid completion of a DBS check;flu vaccination vouchers;
- free eye tests (where the employee is desk-based);
- where eligible, automatic enrolment to the relevant pension scheme; honouring of continuous service earned in the Local Authority;
Guidance for Applicants
- Please note that CVs will not be considered.
- Look carefully at the job description and person specification before applying for this role.
- Ensure that you cross-reference the person specification throughout your application.
- Try and provide examples of times you have fulfilled all aspects of the job description, and the impact it had.
- Please complete all sections of the application form as thoroughly as possible.
- Ensure that you put details of referees. If you have concerns about the suitability of a referee, please contact the recruiter directly.
How to Apply
Completed application forms should be sent to:
Abigail Martin (School Business Manager)