Home Learning Tasks
Learning Project Overview information for parents
Why have home learning projects been created?
Home learning projects have been created for all children within Endeavour Academy Trust school as a result of the government decision to shut schools until further notice from Monday 23rd March due to the Coronavirus outbreak across the UK. These packs have been produced to support children at home for the next two weeks.
The projects have been compiled to enable you to support your child at home with their education. We fully acknowledge that these projects cannot replace the quality of learning your child receives at school however we want our children to be able to continue their learning as much as possible.
How do I use the home learning projects?
- As a parent your first step is to select the learning project linked to the year group that your child is in from our school website.
- You then download the project and begin following it.
- The aim is for you to complete a minimum of two hours of learning a day with your child but this is very much your parental choice and you may wish for your child to do more or less.
- We will not be collecting these projects back in so once complete you can keep these at home.
What happens if my child finds the learning too difficult?
Our first piece of advice to parents is that ALL children find elements of learning challenging at times so try not to worry if your child becomes stuck and you cannot explain it to them. If this happens then make a note of what they found hard and move onto another learning activity - once the children return to school we will again begin teaching where we finished and you can let us know what they struggled with.
The home learning projects are based on the EYFS Curriculum/ National Curriculum expectations for the year group which your child is in. It may be that your child finds the tasks set within the project for their year group too challenging, for example if they have additional learning needs. If this is the case, then we advise that your child accesses the Learning Projects which are set to the age range below, for example a child in Year 3/4 could attempt the KS1 Learning Project or Year 1 Learning Project, if this is more appropriate for them.
Can I contact school for support?
- The learning projects have been designed so that they are self-explanatory and are easy to follow. If you do struggle or are concerned you can email the school office and someone will aim to get back to you within a couple of days.