Little Mead Primary Academy is a successful academy with ambition for every child. We have recently been awarded an Ofsted rating of ‘Outstanding’ in all areas (Ofsted, 2016). We are proud of our school, take pride in our local community identity and work together to give every child the best possible start.
All vacancies are with Endeavour Academy Trust. Little Mead Primary Academy is proud to be part of the Endeavour Academy Trust and will advertise roles within the Trust below.
Lunchtime Assistant at Little Mead Primary Academy and Fonthill Primary
Hours: 6.5 hours per week (Monday to Friday; with fortnightly team meetings). Term time only.
Salary: BG5 (equivalent to £2,319 per year).
Application closing date: 7th July 2017.
Application shortlisting and interviews: Week commencing 17th July 2017.
Start date: As soon as possible.
Little Mead Primary Academy is looking for an enthusiastic, reliable and motivated individual to:
- build positive relationships with our children
- support the children to enjoy their lunch breaks and return to class ready for the afternoon's teaching and learning
- help the children to have a safe and healthy lunchtime experience.
In return we work hard to support our lunch time staff and offer opportunities for professional training, career progression and the chance to play a key part in helping our children to get the most out of their lunchtimes.
Our lunchtime staff are responsible for:
- supervising pupils over the lunchtime period
- leading and taking part in games and activities with the pupils
- encouraging children to eat their meals
- dealing with behavioural incidents in line with the school's Behaviour Policy and discussing concerns with class teachers or members of the Senior Leadership Team
- playing a key part in the school's health and safety processes
- helping children to interact positively with one another during lunchtimes.
How to Apply
Please send all questions about this position and completed application forms to:
Assistant Business Manager
Please quote the job title/reference Lunchtime Assistant in your application.
Two references will be sought for all candidates. No appointment will be confirmed without two satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check and barred list checks.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding children and expects all staff to share that commitment. Candidates are advised to read the Trust’s Child Protection Policy and Recruitment Policy, both of which can be found at www.endeavouracademytrust.org.uk